Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day gift to myself

I ordered this at Amazon for my mom for Mothers Day, and to get Free Super Saver Shipping I added the new Anna Maria Horner book Handmade Beginnings.
I have her other book, Seams to Me ,and have made a few of the projects inside. I am just smitten with her adorable family! How does tha lady find time for all this with 6 children!? Her projects are functional, beautiful, and seem easy to sew. I can't wait to try my hand at a few of the patterns inside. I just bought a 3 half-yard set of her Little Folks voile, and am excited to try a top for myself.


I never thought I would like sewing for myself, but it's very rewarding! Not to mention completely customizable, done on your time-frame, etc. Any ideas for this lovely set of fabrics? Have to keep in mind that it is 100 million degrees here all summer long. Ugh.

No comments: